According to a recent industry report, e-commerce will account for 20.4% of global retail sales by the end of 2022, up from only 10% five years ago. In other words, the e-commerce space is becoming more crowded.
Omnichannel retail is a fully integrated approach to commerce, providing shoppers with a unified experience across all channels and touchpoints, including web, brick-and-mortar, and in-app. If you are new to this technology, it is wise to contact an eCommerce app development company in Toronto, Canada that will help you build an eCommerce app to suit your business requirements. The goal of omnichannel retailing is to provide customers with a convenient experience across all aspects of their retail journey.
Sephora Beauty Insiders can tap into the Beauty Bag on their phone or desktop and have access to a truckload of data. Consumers can shop, see their favorites list, view past purchases and rewards points, scan items in-store to see other options available online, watch tutorial videos, and locate stores near them.
Buy makeup and skincare value sets for the holidays. Sephora has presents for everyone on your list – including gifts for yourself! Not sure what they would like? Use our Gift Finder or Holiday Gift Guide to find the perfect present.
3 Reasons you’ll love the Sephora App
- Get access to offers & deals with Beauty Insider
- Shop all your favorite beauty products in just a few steps
- Discover the latest trends & releases
Interested in clean products with ingredients you’ll love? Look for the green “Clean at Sephora” seal which means the product is formulated without parabens, sulfates SLS and SLES, phthalates, mineral oils, formaldehyde, and more!
The Sephora App has your beauty needs covered from head to toe. Never miss a beauty deal with Insider-only offers, products uniquely at Sephora, promotions and more.
Treat yourself and redeem your points for Beauty Insider Cash or luxurious samples. Discover the best skincare products from moisturizers to cleansers, treatments, and much more!
Forbes recently highlighted Walgreens’ mobile retail app as one of the highest regarded in the US. Its success can be attributed to the omnichannel strategy implemented by the pharmaceutical retail giant.
- Refill in a snap by scanning your barcode
- Track order status for you and your family
- Stay on track with Pill Reminders to help you manage medications day-to-day
- Get FREE prescription and general health advice 24/7 from a pharmacy expert in a live chat
Walgreens Find Care®
Find the right care, right when you need it. Connect with doctors and healthcare providers from your phone or in person at participating locations.
Shop & Savings
- Shop for all your essentials and get your qualifying pickup order in as little as 30 minutes.
- Earn Walgreens Cash rewards as a my Walgreens member and clip personalized, exclusive deals just for you.
- Easily clip coupons and save even more with our Weekly Ad
- Scan products in-store to clip coupons and save at checkout
- Find your nearest store, and view store and pharmacy hours
Contacting an eCommerce mobile app development company in Canada like I Can Infotech can assist you in developing a secure website. It will also guide you through the process of building an eCommerce website.
A pharmacy favorite for many, CVS expanded their app to include many shopper conveniences. I’m able to see what prescriptions are on auto renewal and ready for pickup, or schedule delivery. I get a clean look at my loyalty rewards status, including what deals are available that week.
With a tap the deal is added to my loyalty account and will appear at both in-store (both live and self-checkout kiosk) and online checkout. For those preferring the in-store experience, any CVS location allows customers to print out loyalty program coupons at a kiosk, and select locations offer self-checkout.
In March 2018, the company decided to gate free wi-fi. In order to access the internet, customers first had to register with an email address. In other words, they forced a digital relationship, gaining permission to contact customers via a new channel (email) in exchange for access to free wi-fi. Since creating this category, they’ve added 10 million digitally registered customers to their database.
Reward customer loyalty with unique offers and experiences
- Become a Rewards Member
- Utilize the Starbucks app to order ahead, part of their click and collect strategy
- Redeem in one week, to help further cement
The linked app also allows coffee lovers to:
- Find stores near them
- Send gifts
- Order drinks ahead of time for a quicker experience
Go ahead, treat yourself to some Dunkin’. The app reflects the branding and feels you’ll see in-store, plus the meaningful extras like joining the loyalty program for freebies, and the ability to order ahead and skip long lines. They also do a great job with imagery tantalizing their fans with what’s on the menu. They offer equally satisfying experiences in-store for those who want to kick back or work, but for those on the go the omnichannel customer conveniences are there for those who want them.
- Order ahead and skip the wait
- Save your favorite menu items to make ordering even faster!
- Runnin’ has its rewards. Join DUNKIN’ REWARDS to earn your choice of free food and drinks, unlock Boosted Status to earn points faster and score members-only exclusive offers.
- Check out faster
Whether you’re stopping in store to scan your app or ordering ahead, load funds to your account to save time on your run.
For those Disney lovers out there (I’m a big fan of Moana, anyone else?), downloading the Disney Experience app makes the most of any family vacation to the Magic Kingdom or any one of their attractions and parks.
The leading electronics retailer does a few things well in the app space to refine the omnichannel experience. It’s easy to navigate and uncluttered, but packs relevant information in a well-balanced flow, with the shopping cart always within sight at the top. I can set my store by allowing the app to pin my location, or easily change stores with a tap.
Reserve online, pickup and pay in-store
- Reserve products in the app for in-store pickup at one of our 179 locations
- Pickup and pay for products within 24 hours of your reservation
Protect your products with Geek Squad
• Add Geek Squad Protection to your products for peace of mind
Home goods retailer Crate & Barrel is responding to the call for streamlined omnichannel experiences regardless of channel in ways involving payment and pickup. The retailer is expanding payment options with digital wallet and Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) adoption. From an omnichannel perspective, Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPIS) was widely adopted during pandemic restrictions and has not waned since in-person restrictions were lifted. Customers clearly like the convenience, speed, and peace-of-mind of picking up their items curbside.
The best place to manage your Gift Registry right from your phone.
- Create and edit your wedding or gift registry with ease and see purchases made from your registry in real time.
- Real time gift alerts. Our app alerts you every time a registry item is purchased.
- Upload your own photo to personalize your registry.
- Scan barcodes in stores to add items to your registry.
JCPenney gets high points when it comes to omnichannel examples by offering Buy Online Pick Up in Store (BOPIS), and also offering returns on online purchases in-store (cross-channel returns). They’ve also brought their online experience in-store by having their website accessible at POS. JCPenney team members use it to check inventory at other locations and place orders. These investments add up to a better, faster, more convenient experience wherever their customers are.
- Online Shopping Deals – browse discounts on women’s clothes, shoes, bedding & more.
- Rewards & offers – You can use our FREE rewards program via the app.
- Coupons – Save coupons to your wallet and use in-app or in-store.
- Gift card – Got a JCPenney gift card? Apply it to your purchase in just a few steps.
- Shop & Collect – Buy items in the app and pick them up the same day from a nearby store.
Omnichannel is without doubt the future of retail. However, with many brands setting their sights on omnichannel, it’s clear to see that getting an integrated, customer-focused retail strategy right isn’t easy. This is where I Can Infotech comes in. The I Can Infotech customer engagement solution helps brands unify their data, achieve true 1:1 personalization, and accelerate their business outcomes. Contact us to start transforming your Enterprise.